Underwoods Colchester are seeking an experienced Technician to join their growing team of skilled garage professionals.
This is an exciting time of development for Underwoods and an ideal opportunity to be part of a growing team.
Applicants should have main dealer experience.
- Carry out Pre-delivery inspections to the manufacturers standard.
- Used car prep, including servicing and small diagnostic repairs
- Receive and act upon repair orders as directed by the Workshop Controller.
- Perform the work outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with Parts Department to obtain parts as required.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required (VHC) and notify the Service Team immediately if additional work is or is not required.
- Communicate effectively with Service Team regarding repair timescales.
- Document all work performed using company defined procedures and integrated systems.
- Be conscientious and respectful of the customer’s vehicle at all times.
- Keep workshop area neat, clean and be accountable for the care of all dealership-owned tools.
- Follow local regulations, including the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Follow the companies code of conduct and adhere to safety policies and procedures.
Working hours are 8:00-17.00 Monday to Friday. Full UK driving license required.
The successful applicant will need to be self-sufficient and be able to work on their own initiative. They must take pride in their work, in line with the levels of excellence expected at Underwoods Motor Group.
To apply please upload your CV or send your CV to Jim Smith, Underwoods, Lancaster House, Severalls Lane, Colchester, CO4 9HR.