Do you qualify for a Motability Car?

If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS), you’re eligible to join the Motability Scheme.

There is no upper age limit. As long as you receive one of the allowances, you are eligible for the Scheme. Parents or guardians can order a car on behalf of a child aged three years and above, who is receiving HRMC DLA. To lease a car through Motability, you must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining. Only the Higher Rate Mobility Component is used. Other parts of the DLA are not affected. Unfortunately the Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through Motability.

Checking your eligibility

If you would like to know more about Motability eligibility, just get in touch by calling your nearest Underwoods Mazda dealership on 01206 844423 or contact us using the enquiry form on this page and we'll get in touch with you.